How to create hourly recurrence (every hour) reminder in Outlook?
By default, you can only create Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly recurrence patterns in Outlook. For creating hourly recurrence, there is no direct feature for you in Outlook. To create hourly recurrence reminder in Outlook, we provide you with two methods in this tutorial. Please do as follows.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For creating hourly recurrence reminder in Outlook, you can create a calendar item, and snooze the reminder again in 1 hour when the Reminder dialog box pops up.
1. Create an appointment, a meeting or an all-day event in your Outlook calendar.
2. When the Reminder dialog box popping up, select 1 hour in the Click Snooze to be reminded again in drop-down list. Then click the Snooze button.
3. After snoozing, the Reminder dialog box will pop up in 1 hour later, then you need to manually define the item to be reminded again in 1 hour again until you dismiss this item.
Besides the above method, you can create hourly recurrence reminder with defining hourly task in Windows 7. Please do as follows.
1. Please click the Start button, then click the Control Panel. See screenshot:
2. In the Control Panel window, select Large icons or Small icons in the View by drop-down list, then click Administrative Tools.
3. In the Administrative Tools window, double click the Task Scheduler. See screenshot:
4. In the Task Scheduler window, click Task Scheduler Library in the left bar, then click Create Task in the right bar in Actions section.
5. In the Create Task window, you need to do as follows.
1). Go to the General tab, type a name for the task in the Name box; fill in the Description box if you want.
2). Then go to the Triggers tab, click the New button. See screenshot:
3). In the New Trigger dialog box, you need to:
a. Select On a schedule in the Begin the task drop-down list;
b. Check the Daily option in the Settings section. Configure the Start date and time and the Recur days for your own needs;
c. In the Advanced settings section, check the Repeat task every box, and then select 1 hour in the Repeat task every box. In the for a duration of box, select Indefinitely;
d. Check the Expire box to define the expire date and time if you want;
e. Click the OK button. See screenshot:
4). Then it returns to the Create Task window. Go to the Actions tab, and click the New button.
5). In the New Action dialog box, choose Display a message in the Action drop-down list. In the Settings section, fill in the Title and Message boxes, and finally click the OK button.
6). Then click the OK button in the Create Task window.
7). When it returns to the Task Scheduler window, click the Close button to close it. Then close all dialog boxes.
When it reach the start time, the window will display a dialog box every hour as below screenshot shown. Please click the OK button.
Note: This method doesn’t work in windows 8. If you need to set the hourly reminder in Windows 8, please visit this link: http://www.askvg.com/fix-cant-create-tasks-to-display-messages-in-windows-8-task-scheduler/.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.