How to rename hyperlink in Outlook?
By default, when you type in an email address in the email body, after clicking the Space key or the Enter key, it will be turned to a hyperlink automatically with the email address showing. Sometimes you don’t want the email address be shown directly in the email body, but want to replace it with words like “Click here” or something else. Now you need to rename the hyperlink. In this article, you will learn how to rename hyperlink with details in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For renaming hyperlink in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Right click on the hyperlink you want to rename.
2. Then click Edit Hyperlink in the right-clicking menu.
3. In the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, clear the content in the Text to display box, and then type in the words you want to display. Click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Then you can see the hyperlink displayed texts are replaced with the new one you specified.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI miss the interview date because my resume were not done . please can I still have a slot and a interview. I have my resume done now .Thank you
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThe Text to Display box is "greyed out" and inaccessible to enter "Click here" or any other text. any thoughts? Thanks.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI had this issue. Don't highlight the link..just right click somewhere on the link and the text box should allow you to make changes.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear Susan,
First you need to type text in Outlook, then right click on it & create Hyperlink then "greyed out" will be accessible.....
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am still stuck on this issue.. can you please help clarify, thanks.