How to remove address books in Outlook?
When composing emails, meetings, we can easily add recipients from the Address Book. Sometimes, the address books may be too many or out of date, and make it not easy to find out proper contact. Therefore, some Outlook users think of removing some address books. In this article, I will show you two methods to remove address books from Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
We can find out all address books in the Account Settings dialog box, and then remove them easily. And you can do it as following:
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box with:
- Clicking the Tools > Account Settings in Outlook 2007.
- Clicking the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, click the Address Books tab, select an address book, and then click the Change button.
Step 3: In the popping up Microsoft Outlook Address Book dialog box, click to select the address book from the Outlook Address (Books) box, and then click the Remove Address Book button.
Step 4: Click two Close buttons to exit both dialog boxes.
Step 5: Restart your Microsoft Outlook.
Apart from configuring account settings, we can also change a contact folder’s properties, and remove this contact folder from Address Book easily.
Step 1: Shift to the People view (or Contact view), and right click the contact folder that you will remove from Address book, and then select the Properties from the right-clicking menu.
Step 2: In the coming (Folder name) properties dialog box, click the Outlook Address Book tab, and uncheck the option of Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book.
Step 3: Click the OK button to close the dialog box.
After configuring, you will see the specified contact folder has been removed from the Address Book already.
Note: Both methods we introduced above will remove the contact folders from Address Book dialog box, but won’t remove the contact folders from your Microsoft Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.