How to display new mail desktop alert for subfolders in Outlook?
By default, the new email desktop alert only displays when the new email message arrives in the Inbox folder. If you have created rule for setting Outlook subfolder to receive specific emails, the desktop alert cannot be displayed when the new email arrives. Without the new email desktop alert, you may miss the email and cannot be responded in time. This article will tell you how to display new mail desktop alert for subfolders in Outlook with creating rule.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
For displaying the desktop alert when new message arrives in the subfolder, you can create a rule to solve it, please do as follows.
1. Get into any folder under the specified email account and open the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
1). In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts in the Move group under Home tab.
2). In Outlook 2007, click Tools > Rules and Alerts.
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule under E-mail Rules tab. See screenshot:
3. In the first Rules Wizard dialog box, click Apply rule on messages I receive in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or click Check messages when they arrives in Outlook 2007. And then click the Next button.
4. In the second Rules Wizard dialog box, do not select any condition and click the Next button. And then click the OK button in the popping up prompt box. See screenshot:
5. In the following Rules and Wizard dialog box, check the display a Desktop Alert box in Step 1, then click the Finish button directly.
6. Click the OK button in the popping up prompt box.
7. When it returns to the Rules and Alert dialog box, please click the OK button.
From now on, when you receiving new email message no matter in the Inbox folder or the subfolders, the desktop alert will be displayed.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThanks alot. Really helpful, appriciated
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoThanks for info.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoThanks buddy
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoThis is great, but is there a way to set the alert to a specific sub-folder and not all of them?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoThank you so much for the clear instructions.