How to display new mail desktop alert for subfolders in Outlook?
By default, the new email desktop alert only displays when the new email message arrives in the Inbox folder. If you have created rule for setting Outlook subfolder to receive specific emails, the desktop alert cannot be displayed when the new email arrives. Without the new email desktop alert, you may miss the email and cannot be responded in time. This article will tell you how to display new mail desktop alert for subfolders in Outlook with creating rule.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For displaying the desktop alert when new message arrives in the subfolder, you can create a rule to solve it, please do as follows.
1. Get into any folder under the specified email account and open the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
1). In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts in the Move group under Home tab.
2). In Outlook 2007, click Tools > Rules and Alerts.
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule under E-mail Rules tab. See screenshot:
3. In the first Rules Wizard dialog box, click Apply rule on messages I receive in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or click Check messages when they arrives in Outlook 2007. And then click the Next button.
4. In the second Rules Wizard dialog box, do not select any condition and click the Next button. And then click the OK button in the popping up prompt box. See screenshot:
5. In the following Rules and Wizard dialog box, check the display a Desktop Alert box in Step 1, then click the Finish button directly.
6. Click the OK button in the popping up prompt box.
7. When it returns to the Rules and Alert dialog box, please click the OK button.
From now on, when you receiving new email message no matter in the Inbox folder or the subfolders, the desktop alert will be displayed.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.