How to extract or export tasks list to Excel in Outlook?
While using Outlook, you can extract the task list to Excel for other usage. With the powerful Export feature in Outlook, you can easily export your tasks list to Excel. Please do as below tutorial shows.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can do as follows to export your Outlook tasks list to Excel.
1. Open the Import and Export dialog box.
1). In Outlook 2013, click File > Open & Export > Import/Export;
2). In Outlook 2010, click File > Open > Import;
3). In Outlook 2007, click File > Import and Export.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, click Export to a file, and click the Next button.
3. In the first Export to a File dialog box, click Comma Separated Values (Window), then click Next.
4. In the second Export to a File dialog box, select the Tasks folder under the email account which you want to export to Excel, then click the Next button. See screenshot:
5. Click the Browse button in the following Export to a File dialog box.
6. In the Browse dialog box, you need to:
1). Select a folder to save the exported file;
2). Name the file in the File name box;
3). Click the OK button.
7. When it returns to the previous Export to a File dialog box, click the Next button.
8. In the last Export to a File dialog box, click the Finish button. See screenshot:
9. In the following Set Date Range dialog box, enter the date range that you want to extract the tasks and then click the OK button.
10. Then the Tasks list is successfully exported. Go to the folder the exported file saved in, and double click to open it.
After opening the exported file, you can see the tasks list is displaying inside.
11. In the opened exported file window, click File > Save As. In the Save As window, select Excel Workbook in the Save as type drop-down list, and finally click the Save button.
Then an Excel workbook with your Outlook tasks list is created successfully.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 days agoWorked like a charm for me.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoI'm usually the one that has the crashes and no success. This time, worked like a charm...exactly as stated!!! Good luck to all.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoOutlook stops working and the export fails
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis seems very simple, but Outlook crashes every time I try this and does not export any data.