How to find out creation dates of meetings/appointments in Outlook?
It’s easy to get the start time and end time of an appointment in Outlook, but have you ever tried to find the appointment’s creation time? This article will introduce several solutions to find out the creation dates of meetings or appointments.
- Find out creation date of an appointment/meeting with hidden filed
- Find out creation date of an appointment/meeting with VBA
- Find out creation dates of all appointments/meetings in a calendar
To find out the creation date of an appointment or meeting in Outlook, you can configure this item’s All fields to show its creation date. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, double click to open the appointment or meeting whose creation date you want to find.
2. In the opening window, please click Developer > Design This Form. See screenshot:
3. Please click the (All Fields) tab, select Date/Time fields from the Select from drop down list, and then you will see the creation date at the first row. See screenshot:
Below VBA can also help you quickly get the creation date of an appointment or meeting in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the appointment or meeting whose creation date you want to find.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new Module window.
Show creation date of the selected calendar item
Dim oItem As Object
Set oItem = GetCurrentItem()
MsgBox "This item was created on " & oItem.CreationTime
Function GetCurrentItem() As Object
On Error Resume Next
Select Case TypeName(Application.ActiveWindow)
Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
4. Press F5 key to run this VBA.
And now a dialog box comes out and shows the creation date of the currently selected calendar item. See screenshot:
If you need to find out all creation dates of all calendar items in an Outlook calendar, you can add the Created column in the calendar folder. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the calendar where you want to show all creation dates of all calendar items, and click View > Change View > List. See screenshot:
2. Go ahead to click View > Add Columns. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Show Columns dialog box, please: (1) Select Date/Time fields from the Select available columns from drop down list;(2) Click to select Created in the Available columns list box; (3) Click the Add button;(4) Click the Move Up or Move Down button to change the position of new Created column; and (5) Click the OK button.
Now you return to the list of calendar items, and you will see a new Created column is added to show the creation dates of all calendar items. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.