How to find out creation dates of meetings/appointments in Outlook?
It’s easy to get the start time and end time of an appointment in Outlook, but have you ever tried to find the appointment’s creation time? This article will introduce several solutions to find out the creation dates of meetings or appointments.
Find out creation date of an appointment/meeting with hidden filed
To find out the creation date of an appointment or meeting in Outlook, you can configure this item’s All fields to show its creation date. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, double click to open the appointment or meeting whose creation date you want to find.
2. In the opening window, please click Developer > Design This Form. See screenshot:
3. Please click the (All Fields) tab, select Date/Time fields from the Select from drop down list, and then you will see the creation date at the first row. See screenshot:
One click to enable Query Builder, and easily search emails created in any special creation date range
Kutools for Outlook can help you enable the Query Builder in Advanced Find dialog box with only one click. Within the Query Builder tab, you can add multiple search keywords, and specify the logical relationship "AND" or "OR" amount these keywords. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
Find out creation date of an appointment/meeting with VBA
Below VBA can also help you quickly get the creation date of an appointment or meeting in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the appointment or meeting whose creation date you want to find.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new Module window.
Show creation date of the selected calendar item
Dim oItem As Object
Set oItem = GetCurrentItem()
MsgBox "This item was created on " & oItem.CreationTime
Function GetCurrentItem() As Object
On Error Resume Next
Select Case TypeName(Application.ActiveWindow)
Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
4. Press F5 key to run this VBA.
And now a dialog box comes out and shows the creation date of the currently selected calendar item. See screenshot:
Find out creation dates of all appointments/meetings in a calendar
If you need to find out all creation dates of all calendar items in an Outlook calendar, you can add the Created column in the calendar folder. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the calendar where you want to show all creation dates of all calendar items, and click View > Change View > List. See screenshot:
2. Go ahead to click View > Add Columns. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Show Columns dialog box, please: (1) Select Date/Time fields from the Select available columns from drop down list;(2) Click to select Created in the Available columns list box; (3) Click the Add button;(4) Click the Move Up or Move Down button to change the position of new Created column; and (5) Click the OK button.
Now you return to the list of calendar items, and you will see a new Created column is added to show the creation dates of all calendar items. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.