How to find out creation dates of meetings/appointments in Outlook?
It’s easy to get the start time and end time of an appointment in Outlook, but have you ever tried to find the appointment’s creation time? This article will introduce several solutions to find out the creation dates of meetings or appointments.
To find out the creation date of an appointment or meeting in Outlook, you can configure this item’s All fields to show its creation date. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, double click to open the appointment or meeting whose creation date you want to find.
2. In the opening window, please click Developer > Design This Form. See screenshot:
3. Please click the (All Fields) tab, select Date/Time fields from the Select from drop down list, and then you will see the creation date at the first row. See screenshot:
Below VBA can also help you quickly get the creation date of an appointment or meeting in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the appointment or meeting whose creation date you want to find.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new Module window.
Show creation date of the selected calendar item
Sub ShowCreatedDate() Dim oItem As Object Set oItem = GetCurrentItem() MsgBox "This item was created on " & oItem.CreationTime End Sub Function GetCurrentItem() As Object On Error Resume Next Select Case TypeName(Application.ActiveWindow) Case "Explorer" Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) Case "Inspector" Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem End Select End Function
4. Press F5 key to run this VBA.
And now a dialog box comes out and shows the creation date of the currently selected calendar item. See screenshot:
If you need to find out all creation dates of all calendar items in an Outlook calendar, you can add the Created column in the calendar folder. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the calendar where you want to show all creation dates of all calendar items, and click View > Change View > List. See screenshot:
2. Go ahead to click View > Add Columns. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Show Columns dialog box, please: (1) Select Date/Time fields from the Select available columns from drop down list;(2) Click to select Created in the Available columns list box; (3) Click the Add button;(4) Click the Move Up or Move Down button to change the position of new Created column; and (5) Click the OK button.
Now you return to the list of calendar items, and you will see a new Created column is added to show the creation dates of all calendar items. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.