How to change meeting organizer/owner in Outlook?
Let’s say your colleague has sent a meeting invitation to you in Outlook before. But now, he/she is not in charge of this meeting, and you are assigned to take over it. Therefore, you want to change the meeting organizer to yourself. But how? It seems impossible to get it done! However, this article will introduce a workaround to change meeting organizer or owner in Outlook.
Actually, Outlook does not support to change meeting organizer or owner, except creating a new one. But the following workaround will ease the work of recreating meeting in Outlook.
1. In the Calendar view, select the meeting whose organizer you want to change to activate the Calendar Tools, and then click Meeting > Respond > Reply All. See screenshot:
2. Now the meeting reply window is opening. Please press Ctrl + S keys at the same time to save it, and then close the window.
3. Shift to the Mail view, (1) click to open the Drafts folder on the Navigation Pane, (2) click to select the new meeting reply draft in the mail list, and (3) click Home > Meeting. See screenshot:
4. Now a new meeting is created with attendees, subject, and meeting note of original meeting, please enter the meeting location, adjust the meeting time as you need, and click the Send button. See screenshot:
5. The new meeting with new owner has been sent to other recipients. You can ask the original meeting owner to cancel the original meeting for all attendees.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.