How to change meeting organizer/owner in Outlook?
Let’s say your colleague has sent a meeting invitation to you in Outlook before. But now, he/she is not in charge of this meeting, and you are assigned to take over it. Therefore, you want to change the meeting organizer to yourself. But how? It seems impossible to get it done! However, this article will introduce a workaround to change meeting organizer or owner in Outlook.
Actually, Outlook does not support to change meeting organizer or owner, except creating a new one. But the following workaround will ease the work of recreating meeting in Outlook.
1. In the Calendar view, select the meeting whose organizer you want to change to activate the Calendar Tools, and then click Meeting > Respond > Reply All. See screenshot:
2. Now the meeting reply window is opening. Please press Ctrl + S keys at the same time to save it, and then close the window.
3. Shift to the Mail view, (1) click to open the Drafts folder on the Navigation Pane, (2) click to select the new meeting reply draft in the mail list, and (3) click Home > Meeting. See screenshot:
4. Now a new meeting is created with attendees, subject, and meeting note of original meeting, please enter the meeting location, adjust the meeting time as you need, and click the Send button. See screenshot:
5. The new meeting with new owner has been sent to other recipients. You can ask the original meeting owner to cancel the original meeting for all attendees.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.