How to change default mail delivery location in Outlook?
Generally speaking, incoming emails are delivered to the Inbox folder by default in Outlook. But in some cases, you may need to change the default delivery location, and save the incoming emails in another folder or PST file, how could you get it done? Here, in this article I will guide you to change the default mail delivery location in Outlook.
Please follow below steps to change the default mail delivery location of specified email account in Outlook.
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, please (1) click the Email tab, (2) select the specified email account whose default delivery location you will change, and (3) click the Change Folder button. See screenshot:
3. In the New Email Delivery Location dialog box, please specify the folder you will set as default delivery location, click the OK button. See screenshot:
(1) For changing the default delivery location to a new folder, please click the New Folder button to create a new folder;
(2) For changing the default delivery location to a new PST folder, please click the New Outlook Data File to create a new PST file.
4. Click the Close button to close the Account Settings dialog box.
From now on, all incoming emails of the specified email account will be delivered to the specified folder automatically.
Note: Exchange account and IMAP email account do not support to change their default delivery locations.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!