How to change default mail delivery location in Outlook?
Generally speaking, incoming emails are delivered to the Inbox folder by default in Outlook. But in some cases, you may need to change the default delivery location, and save the incoming emails in another folder or PST file, how could you get it done? Here, in this article I will guide you to change the default mail delivery location in Outlook.
Please follow below steps to change the default mail delivery location of specified email account in Outlook.
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, please (1) click the Email tab, (2) select the specified email account whose default delivery location you will change, and (3) click the Change Folder button. See screenshot:
3. In the New Email Delivery Location dialog box, please specify the folder you will set as default delivery location, click the OK button. See screenshot:
(1) For changing the default delivery location to a new folder, please click the New Folder button to create a new folder;
(2) For changing the default delivery location to a new PST folder, please click the New Outlook Data File to create a new PST file.
4. Click the Close button to close the Account Settings dialog box.
From now on, all incoming emails of the specified email account will be delivered to the specified folder automatically.
Note: Exchange account and IMAP email account do not support to change their default delivery locations.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoI had this problem. You are trying to use IMAP. Use POP; then you get the change folder option.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoCambiar La Ubicación Predeterminada De Entrega De Correo En Outlook en 2016 pro plus no tengo el botón (3). Sabes como hacerlo??
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoChange The Default Location Of Mail Delivery In Outlook in 2016 pro plus I do not have the button (3). You know how to do it??
Me too; did you ever find a fix for this; everything seems to be claiming it is identical to Outlook 2013, which it doesn't appear to be...