How to save meeting changes but don’t send updates in Outlook?
For example, you have created a meeting and sent to attendees in Outlook already. Now you want to make some changes in the meeting, but do not send the updates to any meeting attendees, any ideas? This article will introduce three methods to solve this problem.
- Save meeting changes but don’t send updates with Save feature
- Save meeting changes but don’t send updates by Work offline
Actually, you can easily save meeting changes without sending updates by the Save feature in Outlook.
1. Double click to open the meeting, and make any changes as you need.
2. Click the Save button and the Close button successively on the Quick Access Toolbar. See screenshot:
Now the changes in the meeting are saved, but not sent to any meeting attendees.
Note: This method works well when you change the meeting note only. If you need to change the meeting header information, such as meeting time, location, etc., this method can’t work.
The third method will guide you to change the specified meeting when working offline so that the meeting updates can’t be sent out at all.
1. Click to highlight the Work Offline button on the Send / Receive tab to disconnect internet.
In the offline mode, you will see at the status bar. See screenshot:
2. Double click the meeting, make any changes as you need, and click the Send Update button.
3. Shift to the Mail view, open the Outbox folder, and then delete the meeting update mail. See screenshot:
4. Click the Work Offline button on the Send / Receive tab again to turn on online mode.
Now the meeting changes are saved, but the meeting update mail is not sent out.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.