To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHi Malora,
Have you disconnected your Outlook from server and working offline? You should click Send / Received > Work Offline before save meeting changes.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI'm having the same problem. I just want to update the notes and save the notes. The updated notes are for me and not the attendees. I'm not getting that option which is very annoying. Any suggestions?
How to save meeting changes but don’t send updates in Outlook?
For example, you have created a meeting and sent to attendees in Outlook already. Now you want to make some changes in the meeting, but do not send the updates to any meeting attendees, any ideas? This article will introduce three methods to solve this problem.
Actually, you can easily save meeting changes without sending updates by the Save feature in Outlook.
1. Double click to open the meeting, and make any changes as you need.
2. Click the Save button and the Close button successively on the Quick Access Toolbar. See screenshot:
Now the changes in the meeting are saved, but not sent to any meeting attendees.
Note: This method works well when you change the meeting note only. If you need to change the meeting header information, such as meeting time, location, etc., this method can’t work.
The third method will guide you to change the specified meeting when working offline so that the meeting updates can’t be sent out at all.
1. Click to highlight the Work Offline button on the Send / Receive tab to disconnect internet.
In the offline mode, you will see at the status bar. See screenshot:
2. Double click the meeting, make any changes as you need, and click the Send Update button.
3. Shift to the Mail view, open the Outbox folder, and then delete the meeting update mail. See screenshot:
4. Click the Work Offline button on the Send / Receive tab again to turn on online mode.
Now the meeting changes are saved, but the meeting update mail is not sent out.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis "Save meeting changes but don’t send updates with Save feature" does not work. When you hit the save button, you get a pop-up that say, "Save changes and send update" or "Don't save changes." For years there's been an option to "Save changes, but don't send update." In early April, 2018, that option disappeared. What happened to this option? How can I use this important feature?"
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIn either scenario, if an update email is not sent, will the attendee's calendar still be updated with any new information or attachments added to the meeting?