How to Change default appointment reminder time in Outlook?
Normally the default reminder time for appointment are 15 minutes in Microsoft Outlook, which may not meet your needs, For example, you need it remind you in 1 hour before events begin. Actually, there is a trick to help you change the default reminder time. And this article will talk you about how to change the default reminder time for appointments in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The following steps will guide you to change the default appointment reminder time in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Click the File button in the upper-left corner.
- Select Options.
- Click Calendar.
- Change the Default reminders to 10 minutes, 5 minutes, or whatever. See following screenshot:
Note: This default reminder time does not work for all-day events.
Regularly, the default reminder time for all-day events is 18 hours in Outlook 2010, while 0.5 day in Outlook 2013. When you are creating an all-day event, its reminder time will change to 18 hours (or 0.5 day) automatically, and it requires you to change its reminder time manually every time.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can change the default appointment reminder time with following steps:
- Click the Tools > Options.
- Go to the Calendar section in Options dialog box, click the Default reminder: box, and select a time in the drop down list. See the following screen shot:
No matter normal appointments or all day events, you can change their reminder times manually when creating.
1. Create a new appointment:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Appointment.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New items > Appointment on the Home tab.
2. Go to the Options group on the Appointment tab, click the Reminder: box and select a new reminder time in the drop down list. See the following screen shot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow do you change the default reminder START time in custom reminders? Mine always wants to set a reminder time to 5:00pm. I want to set it for 8:00am.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHow do I set the Reminder window to open on top of all applications I have open at that time? Thanks...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHi David -- attached are instructions for changing the reminder default for Outlook 2010. Takes 10 seconds to complete.