How to Change default appointment reminder time in Outlook?
Normally the default reminder time for appointment are 15 minutes in Microsoft Outlook, which may not meet your needs, For example, you need it remind you in 1 hour before events begin. Actually, there is a trick to help you change the default reminder time. And this article will talk you about how to change the default reminder time for appointments in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The following steps will guide you to change the default appointment reminder time in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Click the File button in the upper-left corner.
- Select Options.
- Click Calendar.
- Change the Default reminders to 10 minutes, 5 minutes, or whatever. See following screenshot:
Note: This default reminder time does not work for all-day events.
Regularly, the default reminder time for all-day events is 18 hours in Outlook 2010, while 0.5 day in Outlook 2013. When you are creating an all-day event, its reminder time will change to 18 hours (or 0.5 day) automatically, and it requires you to change its reminder time manually every time.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can change the default appointment reminder time with following steps:
- Click the Tools > Options.
- Go to the Calendar section in Options dialog box, click the Default reminder: box, and select a time in the drop down list. See the following screen shot:
No matter normal appointments or all day events, you can change their reminder times manually when creating.
1. Create a new appointment:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Appointment.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New items > Appointment on the Home tab.
2. Go to the Options group on the Appointment tab, click the Reminder: box and select a new reminder time in the drop down list. See the following screen shot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.