How to set up auto reply (out of office) in outlook?
This article will show you methods of setting up auto reply in Outlook.
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
You can do as follows to creating a rule for setting up auto reply in Outlook.
1. Create a new message with subject and body you want to send as auto replying.
2. Click File (in Outlook 2007, click the Office button) > Save As.
3. In the Save As dialog box, select Outlook Template in the Save as type drop-down list, and then click the Save button.
4. Close the message directly. If you are using Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016, please click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts.
For Outlook 2007, click Tools > Rules and Alerts... from the menu in Outlook window. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule...
6. In the Rules Wizard dialog box, select Apply rule on message I receive in Outlook 2010 and 2013. And In Outlook 2007, select the Start from a blank rule option and the Check messages when they arrive option, and click Next button.
7. In the following Rules Wizard dialog box, select sent only to me in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or select where my name is in the To box in Outlook 2007, and then click Next button.
8. Check reply using a specific template under Select action(s), and click on a specific template in the Edit the rule description box. See screenshot:
9. In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, select User Templates in File System in the Look In drop-down list, select the template you created before and click the Open button. When it returns to the previous Rules Wizard dialog box, click the Next button.
10. In the next Rules and Wizard dialog box, click the Next button without checking any exceptions.
11. Type a name for your auto reply rule in the Specify a name for this rule box, and click the Finish button.
If you want to use this rule for all email accounts, please check the Create this rule on all accounts box.
12. Now it returns to the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the OK button. Now the auto reply rule is created.
It’s too complicated to create rules for auto reply in Outlook, but you can easily get it done with the Kutools for Outlook’s Auto Reply function in next section.
This short tutorial shows how to easily set up auto reply in Outlook with the Auto Reply utility of Kutools for Outlook. And these techniques work in all versions of Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010.
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook, then click Kutools > Reply > Auto Reply Manager.
2. In the Auto Reply Manager dialog box, check the email account you want to auto reply when receiving emails, modify the auto reply subject prefix and the auto reply content as you need, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then enable this auto Reply utility by clicking Kutools > Reply > Enable Auto reply.
From now on, when the specified account receiving emails, Outlook will send auto reply emails to the senders automatically.
If you want to have a free trial of the Auto Reply function, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!