How to export emails to Excel with date in Outlook?
In Outlook, we can export a folder as CSV file and then convert it to an Excel file. But have you ever tried to export emails to Excel based on date range? Here this article will introduce the methods of exporting emails from Outlook to Excel with the date.
Save or Export Multiple emails to other fomat files(PDF/HTML/WORD/EXCEL) in Outlook
|Sometimes, you may want to save or export the emails to a folder as other format files, such as PDF, Word or Excel files in Outlook. In Outlook, neither of the Save as and Export function can handle this job. However, Kutools for Outlook's Save as file utility can export multiple emails to a folder as files with multiple formats at once time . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, you can list emails based on date range from search, then copy and paste them into Excel directly.
1. Select the specified folder you will export emails from, type search criteria received:8/20/2017..1/29/2018 into the Instant Search box, and then click Search > Current Folder to specify the search scope. See screenshot:
Note: In the search criteria received: received:8/20/2017..1/29/2018, 8/20/2017 and 1/29/2018 decide the certain date range you will export emails within, and you can change them as you need.
2. Then press Ctrl + A to select all listing emails, and then press Ctrl + C to copy them.
3. Open Excel, and select one cell from a sheet, press Ctrl + V to paste the emails. Now the subject, size and other information of each email are pasted in the worksheet.
4. Click File > Save to save the Excel file as you need.
If you want to export emails as separate Excel files based on a date range, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Save as File utility to solve this job.
|Kutools for Outlook, Includes 20+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
1. Type received:8/20/2017..1/29/2018 in the Instant Search box to list all emails received in the date range 8/20/2017-1/29/2018.
2. Go ahead to press Ctrl + A to select all listing emails, and click Kutools > Save as File. See screenshot:
3. In the Save message as other files dialog, select one folder to save the exporting files, check Excel format option in Select save file format section.
4. Click Ok.
5. Now a dialog box comes out and shows how many messages have been saved Please click the OK button to close it.
Now all messages in the date range have been saved as separated Excel files.
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365