How to remove or delete subject prefixes in Outlook?
While you are replying or forwarding a letter, there are prefixes such as Re or FW in the front of the Subject as below screenshot shown in default. But sometimes, you want to remove these prefixes away, how can you solve it in Outlook?
remove all duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders in outlook
|In sometimes, we may repeatly add the same contacts, how can remove the duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders? Kutools for Outlook's Duplicate Contacts function can quickly remove or merge duplicate contacts based on emails, full name or other criteria from one or more contacts folders . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To remove subject prefixes away, you just can handle it manually except running a VBA code in Outlook.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the popping dialog, double click at the ThisOutlookSession in Project-Project1 pane and copy and paste below code into the blank script.
VBA:Remove subject prefixes
Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180326 RemoveREOrFW Item, "RE" RemoveREOrFW Item, "FW" End Sub Function RemoveREOrFW(Item As Object, Str As String) Dim xSubject As String If InStr(Item.Subject, Str) > 0 Then xSubject = Replace(Item.Subject, Str & ":", "", vbTextCompare) Item.Subject = Trim(xSubject) Item.Save End If End Function
3. Save the code and go back to reply or forward an email, the prefixes are still in the subject, but it will be removed after sending the email.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.