How to remove or delete subject prefixes in Outlook?
While you are replying or forwarding a letter, there are prefixes such as Re or FW in the front of the Subject as below screenshot shown in default. But sometimes, you want to remove these prefixes away, how can you solve it in Outlook?
To remove subject prefixes away, you just can handle it manually except running a VBA code in Outlook.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the popping dialog, double click at the ThisOutlookSession in Project-Project1 pane and copy and paste below code into the blank script.
VBA:Remove subject prefixes
Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180326 RemoveREOrFW Item, "RE" RemoveREOrFW Item, "FW" End Sub Function RemoveREOrFW(Item As Object, Str As String) Dim xSubject As String If InStr(Item.Subject, Str) > 0 Then xSubject = Replace(Item.Subject, Str & ":", "", vbTextCompare) Item.Subject = Trim(xSubject) Item.Save End If End Function
3. Save the code and go back to reply or forward an email, the prefixes are still in the subject, but it will be removed after sending the email.
If you want to remove the subject prefix of sent emails, you can try the Remove Subject Prefix feature of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Outlook, includes
100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Select the emails that you want to remove subject prefix and click Kutools > Remove Subject Prefix.
2. Then in the Remove Subject Prefix dialog, check Selected Messages option, then in Rules for removing section, specify the prefix type you want to remove.
3. Click Ok. Now the subject prefixes of the selected emails have been removed.
If you want to remove the subject prefix of all emails in a forlder, in the Remove Subject Prefix dialog, check Folders > Configure to open the Select Folder dialog, choose a folder or folders, then click Ok > Ok, the subject prefixes of all emails in the specified folder(s) have been removed.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.