How to sort recipients by last name or first name alphabetically in Outlook?
Sometimes, we may need to send one email to multiple recipients, but how can we sort the recipients by last name or first name in the To box or Select Names: Contract dialog alphabetically in Outlook as below screenshot shown?
remove all duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders in outlook
|In sometimes, we may repeatly add the same contacts, how can remove the duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders? Kutools for Outlook's Duplicate Contacts function can quickly remove or merge duplicate contacts based on emails, full name or other criteria from one or more contacts folders . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To sort recipients by last or first name, you just need to change one option on the Address Books tab of Accounting Setting dialog box.
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. In the Account Settings dialog, click Address Books tab, and double click at Outlook Address Book to enable Microsoft Outlook Address Book dialog. Then select one account that you want to sort recipients, check First Last (John Smith) option or File As (Smith John) option as you need.
Tip: First Last option means to sort recipient by first name, File As option means to sort by last name.
3. click Close > Close to close the dialogs, then restart the Outlook. Now in the Select Names: Contacts dialog, contacts names are sorted by last name or first name.
Sort by first name
You can select the contacts from top to bottom one by one or with Shift key to add them to the To box, which also sorted by the first name alphabetically.
Sort by last name
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.