How to open all unread emails in Outlook?
If there are multiple unread email messages in your Inbox of the Outlook, how could you open all of them to read at once as quickly as you can?
The following VBA code can help you to open all unread email messages in your Inbox or other specific folder at once, please do with below steps:
1. First, you should select a folder which you want to open all unread emails from.
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. And then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module, see screenshot:
VBA code: Open all unread email messages in specific folder:
Sub OpenAllUnreadEmails() Dim xFolders As Outlook.Folders Dim xFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim xUnreadEmailCount As Long On Error Resume Next xUnreadEmailCount = 0 Set xFolders = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder.Folders Call OperatingFolders(Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder, xUnreadEmailCount) For Each xFolder In xFolders Call OperatingFolders(xFolder, xUnreadEmailCount) Next MsgBox "Open " & xUnreadEmailCount & " unread emails successfully!", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Kutools for Outlook" End Sub Sub OperatingFolders(ByVal xCurrentFld As Outlook.Folder, UnreadEmailCount As Long) Dim xItem As Object Dim xMailItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim xSubFolder As Outlook.Folder On Error Resume Next If xCurrentFld.DefaultItemType = olMailItem Then For Each xItem In xCurrentFld.Items If xItem.Class = olMail Then Set xMailItem = xItem If xMailItem.UnRead = True Then xMailItem.Display UnreadEmailCount = UnreadEmailCount + 1 End If End If Next End If If xCurrentFld.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each xSubFolder In xCurrentFld.Folders Call OperatingFolders(xSubFolder, UnreadEmailCount) Next End If End Sub
4. And then, press F5 key to run this code, and all unread emails will be opened in the specified folder at once, at last, a prompt box will pop out to remind the number of unread emails which are opened, see screenshot:
Note: This code is not available for meeting emails.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.