How to stop marking emails as read until after opening them in Outlook?
Normally, when you click an unread email and then move the cursor to select another email in the mail list, the unread email will be marked as read. How could you stop marking emails as read unless you double click the message to open it in its own message window manually in Outlook? This article, I will talk about an easy way to solve this job for you.
To make the emails remain as unread unless you double click it to open them, you just need to set an option in Outlook as follows:
1. Click File > Options, in the popped out Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left pane, and then click Reading Pane button in the Outlook panes section, see screenshot:
2. In the Reading Pane dialog box, uncheck Mark item as read when selection changes option in the Reading Pane options list box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK > OK to exit the dialogs, from now on, the emails will be not marked as read until you double click to open them or mark them as read manually.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.