How to rename and save attachments of the email in a folder in Outlook?
In outlook, you may receive messages with attachments usually, and do you try to rename the attachments of the message and save them in a folder as below screenshot shown? Obviously, you can save them into a folder and rename them one by one, but actually, I have a VBA code can quickly rename all attachments with same name then save in one folder.
Reply message with original attachments in outlook
|As we all known, the attached attachments will be removed from the original message when you replying a message to the recipient in Outlook. If you want to reply massage with keeping attachments, you can try Kutools for Outlook's Reply with Attachment function, it can reply one message with the original attachments, also work for all messafe. Click for full features 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
1. Select the message which you want to save its attachments and rename to the same name.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys, then in the Project1 pane, double click ThisOutlookSession to create a new blank script in right section, then copy and paste the code to it.
VBA: Rename and save attachments
Public Sub SaveAttachsToDisk() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180521 Dim xItem As Object 'Outlook.MailItem Dim xSelection As Selection Dim xAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim xFldObj As Object Dim xSaveFolder As String Dim xFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim xFile As File Dim xFilePath As String Dim xNewName, xTmpName As String Dim xExt As String Dim xCount As Integer On Error Resume Next Set xFldObj = CreateObject("Shell.Application").browseforfolder(0, "Select a Folder", 0, 16) Set xFSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject If xFldObj Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xSaveFolder = xFldObj.Items.Item.Path & "\" Set xSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection xNewName = InputBox("Attachment Name:", "Kutools for Outlook", xNewName) If Len(Trim(xNewName)) = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each xItem In xSelection For Each xAttachment In xItem.Attachments xFilePath = xSaveFolder & xAttachment.FileName xAttachment.SaveAsFile xFilePath Set xFile = xFSO.GetFile(xFilePath) xCount = 1 Saved = False xExt = "." & xFSO.GetExtensionName(xFilePath) xTmpName = xNewName xNewName = xTmpName & xExt If xFSO.FileExists(xSaveFolder & xNewName) = False Then xFile.Name = xNewName xNewName = xTmpName Else xTmpName = Left(xNewName, Len(xNewName) - Len(xExt)) While Saved = False xNewName = xTmpName & xCount & xExt If xFSO.FileExists(xSaveFolder & xNewName) = False Then xFile.Name = xNewName xNewName = xTmpName Saved = True Else xCount = xCount + 1 End If Wend End If Next Next Set xFSO = Nothing End Sub
3. Click Tools > References, in the popping dialog, check Microsoft Script Runtime checkbox.
4. Click OK, press F5 key to run the code, a Browse For Folder dialog pops out for selecting or creating a folder to place attachments.
5. Click OK, then give a name for the attachments.
6. Click OK, now the attachments are renamed with same name, if there are duplicates, the duplicate ones will be added numbers as the suffix.
Actually, there is a feature in Kutools for Outlook -- a handy addin tool of Outlook can rename all attachments before saving or sending.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Activate the email in nagative pane or in the Message box as you like, click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Rename All.
2. In the popping dialog, type the new name you use for each attachment. Click OK, the attachments have been renamed with new names.
3. Right click at one attachment, select Save All Attachments, click OK and select a folder to save the attachments as you need. Then the renamed attachments have been saved in a folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.