How to hide email addresses in distribution list in Outlook?
While sending the emails to multiple recipients who does not know each other, you may want to hide the email addresses for safety. In this article, I introduce the method on hiding the email addresses in distribution list in Outlook.
In Outlook, if you do not want to display the email addresses of the recipients, you can use Bcc.
1. In the Message box, click Options tab, and click the Bcc button to display the Bcc field on the message header.
2. Click at Bcc button to enable Select Names:Contacts dialog, then select the distribution list or contacts you want to send email to, click Bcc button to add them into Bcc line.
3. Click OK to go back to message window, send as usual after editing the email.
Now the recipients’ email addresses will be hidden.
If you want to automatically Bcc to someone whoever you send in Outlook, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Auto CC/Bcc utility.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes
100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Click Kutools > CC/BCC > Rule Manager.
2. Click New in Auto CC/BCC Manager dialog to create a new rule.
3. In the Auto CC/BCC dialog, give the new rule a name in Rule Name textbox, click Recipients to open Select Names:Contacts dialog, select the contact you want to auto Bcc, click Bcc to add it to Bcc line.
4. click OK to go back to Auto CC/BCC dialog, check All outing e-mail option. Click OK > OK to close dialogs.
5. Click Kutools > CC/BCC > Enable Auto CC/BCC to take the auto BCC effect.
Tip: If you want to auto Bcc in some special cases, you can use the Custom option to edit the criteria as you need.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.