How to auto forward certain incoming emails with custom subject and body in Outlook?
To automatically forward certain incoming emails in Outlook, you can create a rule to achieve it. By default, when forwarding emails in Outlook, it uses the subject of the original email and adds the prefix FW:. If you want to customize the subject and body of forwarded emails yourself, the method in this tutorial can help you.
You can combine an auto forward emails rule and a VBA script to automatically forward certain incoming emails with custom subject and body. Please do as follows.
Firstly, you need to create a VBA script in Outlook.
1. Launch your Outlook, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the left pane, double click Project1 > Microsoft Outlook Objects > ThisOutlookSession, and then copy the following VBA code into the ThisOutlookSession (Code) window.
VBA code: Forward emails with custom subject and body
Sub ChangeSubjectForward(Item As Outlook.MailItem) 'Updated by Extendoffice 2220615 Dim xForward As MailItem Dim xOldSubject As String On Error Resume Next xOldSubject = Item.Subject Set xForward = Item.Forward With xForward .Subject = VBA.Replace(xForward.Subject, xOldSubject, "Custom Subject") 'Add the custom subject in double quotes .HTMLBody = "Custom Body" & xForward.HTMLBody 'Add the custom body in double quotes .Recipients.Add "Recipient’s Email Address" .Recipients.ResolveAll .Send End With End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now you need to create an auto forward emails rule to run the script.
1. In the Mail view, click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts.
2. In the opening Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button.
3. In the first Rules Wizard, select Apply rule on messages I receive in the Start from a blank rule section, and then click the Next button.
4. In the second Rules Wizard, you need to configure as follows.
5. In the third Rules Wizard, you need to configure as follows:
6. In the fourth Rules Wizard, you can select the exceptions if necessary, otherwise, click the Next button without any selections.
7. In the last Rules Wizard, you need to specify a name for the rule, keep the Turn on this rule box checked, and then click the Finish button.
8. In the popping up Microsoft Outlook alert box, click the OK button.
9. Then it returns to the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the OK button to save the rule.
From now on, when receiving emails from this certain sender, the email will be forwarded to the specified recipient automatically.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.