How to display more lines of preview in the mail list in Outlook?
By default, Outlook displays only one line of preview in the message list (see the screenshot below). If you turn off the Reading Pane, you can’t get more information of the message by previewing only one line of it. In this tutorial, you will learn how to display more lines of preview in the email list in Outlook.
Display more lines preview in the email list in Outlook
Please do as follows to display more lines of preview in the mail list in the current email folder or all mailboxes in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, open the email folder where you want to display more lines of preview in the mail list.
2. Click View > Message Preview. In the drop-down list, choose 2 Lines or 3 Lines according to your needs.
Here I choose 3 Lines in the Message Preview drop-down list.
3. In the Microsoft Outlook dialog box, click the This folder button to apply the message preview setting to the current mail folder.
Or you can click the All mailboxes button to apply the setting to all mailboxes.
Then you can see Outlook shows 3 lines of preview of an email in the mail list as shown in the screenshot below.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.