Easily copy attachments names in an Outlook email to the clipboard
Kutools for Outlook
By default, there is no feature in Outlook to help copying attachment names in an email directly. If you want to list or copy all attachment names of an email in Outlook, maybe the VBA method can do you a favor, otherwise, you need to type the names manually. Here highly recommend the Copy Names utility of Kutools for Outlook. With this feature, you can easily copy names of selected or all attachments in an email to the clipboard with one click only. After that, just press the Ctrl + V keys to paste them to any other places as you need.
Copy names of selected or all attachments in an email
Please do as follows to copy names of selected or all attachments in an email in Outlook.
Copy all attachment names in an email
1. Select an email containing attachments that you will copy all the file names.
2. Click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Copy names.
3. Then a Kutools for Outlook dialog pops up, please click the OK button.
Now all attachment names in selected email are copied to the clipboard. You can paste them to any other places as you need.
Copy selected attachment names in an email
Except for copying all attachment names in an email, this feature allows you to copy only the selected attachment names in an email as well. Please do as follows.
1. Select an email containing attachments that you will copy some specific file names.
2. In the Reading Pane, select an attachment or multiple attachments (holding the Ctrl key) you will copy the names, right click and select Copy Names from the right-clicking menu.
Or you can click Kutools > Copy Names under the Attachment Tools tab to copy the selected attachment names.
Note: You can also copy attachment names while composing an email.
- 1. In the Message window, click Kutools > Copy Names to copy all attachment names you attached.
- 2. You can copy an attachment or multiple attachment names by selecting the attachment(s) and then click Kutools > Copy Names.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.