How to delete all emails from same sender address in Outlook?
Supposing there are hundreds of emails which are sent from a same sender in your inbox, but now you want to delete all the messages from this sender, how could you quickly delete these emails in Outlook?
- Delete all emails from same sender with Rules (5 steps)
- Delete all emails from same sender with Instant Search feature (4 steps)
- Delete all emails from same sender with Kutools for Outlook (only 2 steps)
- Delete all emails by a certain contact
In Outlook, under the Rules function in Home tab, there are two tools can help you move the messages from a same sender to the Deleted Items folder. But after deleting the messages, you must turn off or delete the rule you are created, if you haven’t turn off the rule, when you receive this sender’s messages next time, the emails will be moved to the Deleted Items folder automatically.
1. Please select the email whose sender you will remove emails by.
2. Click Home > Rules > Always Move Messages From, and your selected email['s sender has been added after the function. See screenshot:
3. Then a Rules and Alerts dialog box will display, and specify the Deleted Items folder to place the emails, and click the OK button.
4. All emails from the sender of selected email in the Inbox have been moved to the Deleted Items folder.
5. After removing the emails, please click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, and then turn off or delete the new rule in the popping up Rules and Alerts dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: You can create the same rule with these steps: (1) Select the specified emails; (2) Click Home > Rules > Create Rule; (3) In the Create Rule dialog box, check the From and Move the item to folder option, and then click Select Folder button to select a folder to put the deleted emails. See screenshot:
If you can use the Search function in Outlook, you can filter the emails that come from a same sender first, and then delete them.
1. Go to the Inbox folder under your account which you want to delete all the emails from the same sender address from.
2. Press Ctrl + E keys to activate the Search Tools, and then click Search > From. And now the search criteria from:"Sender Name" or from:(Sender Name) is added into the Instant Search box. See screenshot:
3. In the Instant Search box, please replace the Sender Name with the specified sender's email address as you need. And then all emails from this sender are found in current mail folder. See screenshot below:
4. Click one email item and press Ctrl + A to select all the messages, and then right click selected emails and select the Delete from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot above:
Maybe above methods are somewhat troublesome, is there an easy or efficient way to solve this task? Yes, try Kutools for Outlook's (Delete) By Sender feature in Outlook.
After installing Kutools for Outlook, please do as follows:
(1) You can manually select the emails in the By Sender dialog box for deleting;
(2) This utility is only applied to the selected folder, excluding its subfolders.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.