Sometimes you may need to insert watermark in your email messages, which indicating recipients the message is draft, confidential, and so on. Nevertheless, Microsoft Outlook does not support the watermark feature at all. Actually, you can try to add a special background that looks similar as watermark in your email message.The following tutorial will walk you through inserting a mimic watermark in Microsoft Outlook.
Easily print an email with its background or watermark in Outlook
As you know, when printing an email in Outlook, it will print out both of email header and email body as what you view in the Message window or Reading Pane. What's more, it usually adds your username above the message header. Here, I want to introduce the excellent Advanced Print feature of Kutools for Outlook, which enables you to print an email' message body only without the message header and username, and remaining the background image or watermark in Outlook.
60-day free trial without limitation!
The first part is to prepare a background image that looks like watermark.
1. In Microsoft Word, click Page Layout (or Design)> Watermark to insert watermark in the Word document.
2. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard to get a screen shot.
3. Paste the screen shot in the Paint program.
4. Use the Select tool to select the selection of watermark, then click the Crop button, and at last save it as a picture.
The second part is to apply the watermark picture in your email message.
5. Create a new email message:
A. In Outlook 2010 or later versions, click Home > New Email;
B. In Outlook 2007, click the File > New > Mail message.
6. Click Options > Page Color > Fill Effects in the Themes group.
7. In the Fill Effects dialog box, click the Select Picture button on the Picture tab.
8. In the Select Picture dialog box, find out and select the watermark picture you saved in Step 4, and click the Insert button.
Up to now the watermark picture is inserted to your email message as page background, which looks the same as the watermark in Microsoft Word.
By the way, we recommend you to save the email message with watermark as a template, so that you can apply the watermark directly without so many complex steps. Click to know how to create a custom template and apply it.