How to enable and disable "Show in Groups" in Outlook?
In Outlook, email messages show in groups by default. For example, you arrange and sort email messages by date, and then email messages shows in the groups of Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, Last Month, and Older. See the following screenshot:
Each group header will take up some space in the messages list, and you may think the grouping is not necessary at all because you can get the received times in each message header. Therefore, you want to disable Show in Groups. This article will show you how to disable and enable Show in Groups in Microsoft Outlook quickly.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The following steps will walk you through turning on or off Show in Groups in Microsoft Outlook at ease.
Step 1: Select and open the mail folder in the Navigation Pane for which you will enable or disable the Show in Groups setting.
Step 2: Find the Show in Groups setting via:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Arranged By;
- In newer Outlook versions, please go to the Arrangement group on the View tab, and click the arrow to expand the arrangement box.
Step 3: Turn on or off the feature Show in Groups:
- To disable Show in Groups, please uncheck the Show in Groups setting in the expanded Arrangement pane;
- To enable Show in Groups, please check the Show in Groups setting in the expanded Arrangement pane.
Then the messages will show or not show in groups immediately.
- The above method will only enable or disable the Show in Groups for the current folder. To apply the setting for all folders in Outlook, please click View > Change View > Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders…
- In newer Outlook versions, if you arrange or sort messages by the color category, the messages will be grouped by categories by default, and you can’t disable the feature of Show in Groups.
- In Outlook 2007, if you arrange or sort messages by conversation, you can’t disable the feature Show in Groups either.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.