How to enable and disable showing in groups in Outlook?
By default email messages show in groups, for example you arrange and sort email messages by date, and then email messages shows in the groups of Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, Last Month, and Older. See the following screen shot:
Each group header will take up some space in the messages list, and you may think the grouping is not necessary at all because you can get the received times in each message header. Therefore, you want to disable the feature of Show in Groups. This article will show you how to disable and enable the feature of Show in Groups in Microsoft Outlook quickly.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The following steps will walk you through turning on or off the feature of Show in Groups in Microsoft Outlook at ease.
Step 1: Select and open the mail folder in the Navigation Pane in which you will enable or disable the feature of Show in Groups.
Step 2: Find out the feature of Show in Groups:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Arranged By;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please go to the Arrangement group on the View tab, and click the arrow to expand the arrangement box.
Step 3: Turn on or off the feature of Show in Groups:
- To disable the feature of Show in Groups, please uncheck the Show in Groups;
- To enable the feature of Show in Groups, please check the Show in Groups.
Then the messages will show or don’t show in groups immediately.
(1). In Outlook 2007, 2010, and 20113, if you arrange or sort messages by the color category, the messages will be grouped by categories by default, and you can’t disable the feature of Show in Groups.
(2). In Outlook 2007, if you arrange or sort messages by conversation, you can’t disable the feature of Show in Groups too.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.