How to search archive folders in Outlook?
By default, Outlook search emails in the current folder you are locating, you can also change to search all email folders in Outlook manually or automatically. But, if the archives folder does not show in the Navigation Pane, the searching won’t work for it, so you cannot search emails in the archive folders. With the following tutorial, you will learn how to show the archive folder in the Navigation Pane and then search emails in it.
- Display the archive(s) item in Outlook Navigation Pane
- Search only the archive folders in Outlook
- Search all folders include the archive folders in Outlook
If you want to search emails in the archive folder, the archive folder need to be displayed in the Navigation Pane first.
1. Please click File > Open (or Open & Export)> Open Outlook Data File. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click File > Open > Outlook Data File.
2. In the Open Outlook Data File dialog box, please select the archive file and then click the OK button.
3. Then you will see the Archive item is displayed in the Navigation Pane immediately.
After displaying the archive(s) in the Navigation Pane, now you can start searching in these folders. If you only want to search the archive folders, please do as follows.
1. Click the Archive(s) in the Navigation Pane.
2. Then click on the Search box to enable the Search tab. Then select All Subfolders in Outlook 2010 or Subfolders in Outlook 2013 under Search tab.
3. Type the keywords you will search for in the Search box. Then the emails which meet the conditions will be listed out.
You can search all folders include the archive folders by changing the Search options to All Outlook items.
If you want to set all folders as the default folder of the searching, please click How to search all folders by default instead of current folder in Outlook? for more detailed information.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.