How to turn off or remove all rules in Outlook?
You may be familiar to rules in Microsoft Outlook, but do you know how to turn off rules in one email account? How about removing all rules from one email account? And what if remove all rules from all email accounts quickly in your Microsoft Outlook? Here we will show you ways to turn off or remove all rules in Microsoft Outlook.
To turn off or remove all rules in an email account in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and click to open one folder of the email account that you will turn off or remove all rules in.
Step 2: Open the Rules and Alerts dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Rules and Alerts;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts on the Home tab.
Turn off all Rules and Alerts in this email account
You can turn off a rule with unchecking the check box before it. To turn off all rules, just uncheck all check boxes before all rules. See screen shot below:
Remove all rules in this email account
If you want to remove all rules in this email account, please select all rules in the Rules and Alerts dialog box, and then click the Delete button. See screen shot above.
And in the popping up warning dialog box, please click the Yes button.
Note: Holding the Shift key, you can select all rules with clicking the first rule and the last one.
Of course you can remove all rules in every email account separately. Here I will show an amazingly easy way to remove all rules in all email accounts quickly.
Step 1: Exit the Microsoft Outlook.
Step 2: Open the Run dialog box with pressing the Win key and R key at the same time.
Step 3: In the Run dialog box, enter the outlook.exe /cleanrules in the Open box, and click the OK button.
Then you will get into the Microsoft Outlook with all rules removed in each email account completely.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoAfter deleting the rules from my outlook, I am not receiving email only from those people I created rules, from rest receiving without any error.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoin my outlook automaticlly display my name in reply to all ...so can i clear all the rules it will solve are not ??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agono, you need to update your signature
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHow do you turn off the cancel all feature on the send and receive tab
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWhy are one of your rules named kkk?.......
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoLOL, that is freaking hilarious...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI have removed all rules however there are two rules which still show up above the Create Rule icon in the rules drop down box I cannot get rid of these and my mail still keeps being removed from my in box when I change folders. This is becoming very frustrating.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agook. so. there was a rule for emails to automatically print. i removed the rule and the emails stopped printing. great.
but that was yesterday and today it is STILL PRINTING WITHOUT THE RULES IN PLACE. I've looked everywhere on how to correct this and it ould be anything from groups to cleaning outlook folders. what do I do?