How to connect to social network (SharePoint) in Outlook?
You may have noticed that we can connect to our social network account in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, SharePoint, etc. In this article, I will show you how to connect to social network in Microsoft Outlook with ease.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Generally you can connect to social networks from the People pane with following steps:
Step 1: Click the People Pane > Account Settings on the View tab.
(1) Check the social network that you will connect to, such as Facebook;
(2) Enter your social network account name in the User Name box, and enter your account password in the Password box.
(3) It’s optional to check the option of By default, show photos and information from this network when available.
(1) If you are connecting to the social networks for the first time, you will get into a welcome dialog box, and just click the Next button.
(2) In Outlook 2010, there is no preset social networks listing in the dialog box, but you can click the text of View social network provides available online to find out and download social networks.
Step 3: Click the Connect button and Finish button successively.
If you have connected to a social network, you will view the updates of your account in this social network at the bottom of Reading Pane when previewing messages in Reading Pane. See screen shot below:
Note: If you need to connect to another social networks, you can click the link of Connect to another social network in the More section of the Microsoft Outlook dialog box.
In addition to People Pane, you can also connect to social network from Microsoft Outlook 2013’s File tab.
Step 1: Click the File > Info > Account Settings > Social Network Accounts. See screen shot:
Step 2: In the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog box, check the social network you will connect to, enter your user name and password, and then click the Connect > Finish. See detailed description above.
There is a third method to connect to social network in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Step 1: Shift to the Contacts view.
Step 2: Click the Connect to social network from the Navigation Pane. See screen shot below:
Step 3: Then you will get into the Microsoft Office dialog box. You can follow the same way to connect to your social network.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.