How to disable/turn off social connector in Outlook?
Since Microsoft Outlook 2010, users can connect to their social networks and view all updates easily in Outlook. However, some may think the update information is annoying and takes up too much space in the whole screen. In this article, I will introduce ways to hide social networks and disable/turn off the social connector in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
If you just think the update information of your social networks occupies too much space and make it hard to preview your emails, you can hide the whole People Pane, including the update information of social networks.
Just click the People Pane > Off on the View tab, it will hide the whole People Pane at the bottom of Reading Pane in Mail view.
Even you have hidden the whole People Pane in Microsoft Outlook, your social networks keep updates all the time. If you want to disable all social networks completely in Microsoft Outlook, you should do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Add-Ins in the left bar, and click the Go button at the bottom. See screen shot:
Note: Please keep the COM Add-ins displaying in the Manage box.
Step 3: Now the COM Add-Ins dialog box comes out. Uncheck the add-in of Outlook Social Connector 2013 (or Microsoft Outlook Social Connector) in the Add-Ins available box, and then click the OK button.
Step 4: Click the OK button to close the Outlook Options dialog box.
Going back to the mail interface of Outlook, you will see the People Pane button has disappeared on the View Tab in Ribbon, as well as the whole people pane disappeared at the bottom of Reading Pane.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.