How to add contacts from Global Address List (Address Book) in Outlook?
Supposing you are working with an Exchange account in Outlook, and the Exchange administrator has added all of your colleagues’ contacts into the Global Address List, how could you add all of your colleagues into your own contact folder from the Global Address List easily in Microsoft Outlook?
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To add contacts from the Global Address List easily in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Open the Address Book dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, click the Tools > Address Book;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click the Address Book button on the Home tab.
Step 2: In the coming Address Book dialog box, click the Address Book box, and specify the Global Address List from the drop down list.
Step 3: Click to highlight the contacts you will add to your own contact folder.
(1) Hold the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent contacts with clicking the first one and the last one;
(2) Hold the Ctrl key, you can select multiple non-adjacent contacts with clicking each contact one by one.
Step 4: Right click the selected contacts, and then specify the Add to Contacts from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot below:
Step 4: Close the Address Book dialog box.
Now all selected contacts in the Address Book are added into the default contact folder of the default Outlook data file in your Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.