How to make appointment or meeting private by default in Outlook?
In many cases, you need to create private appointments or meetings for special usage frequently in your daily work. The worse situation is that you finish the appointment or meeting, but finally forgot to mark it as private. Actually, you can create an appointment or a meeting with private marking and save it for future use. Please browse the below tutorial for more details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Follow the below steps, you will learn how to make appointment or meeting private by default in Outlook.
1. Firstly you need to enable the Developer tab in your Outlook. Please click How to add developer tab on Ribbon in Outlook? to learn how to show the Developer tab.
2. Create an appointment or a meeting, and click to highlight the Private button under Appointment or Meeting tab.
3. Then click Developer > Design This Form. See screenshot:
4. In the following Design window, click Publish > Publish Form under Developer tab.
5. In the popping up Publish Form As dialog box, you need to:
1). Select Personal Forms Library in the Look In drop-down list;
2). Type a name to the form in the Display name box;
3). Click the Publish button. See screenshot:
6. Close the Design window without saving changes.
7. Now you can use the published form as follows:
1). In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Developer > Choose Form.
In Outlook 2007, click File > New > Choose Form.
2). In the Choose Form dialog box, select Personal Forms Library in the Look In drop-down list, and select the form you published, then click the Open button.
8. Then the appointment or meeting window with private marking by default is opened, please compose it and save or send it. And when you share your calendar with others, the private items will not be seen by others.
1. If you create the form for appointment, it can be only applied to appointment, you need to create another form for meeting to your need.
2. To make the default private take effect, you need to choose the published form you are created every time when you add appointment or meeting.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.