How to attach messages or meeting invitations to an email in Outlook?
It’s common to attach a file from hard disk drive as attachment in an email, but how to attach email messages or meeting invitations as attachments in Outlook? Try below solutions:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Microsoft Outlook supports not only attaching files from your hard disk, but also inserting Outlook items, such as emails, meeting invitations, appointments, contacts, etc. as attachments in an email.
1. In the Mail view, click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the new Message window, click Insert > Outlook Item. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Insert Item dialog box, please see screenshot below:
(1) In the Look in section, click to highlight the folder whose items you will insert as attachments. For attaching emails, please select a mail folder; for attaching meeting invitations, please select the Calendar.
(2) In the Items section, select one or multiple items you will insert as attachments;
(3) In the Insert as section, check the Attachment option;
(4) Click the OK button.
4. Now the selected Outlook items are inserted as attachments in the new email as below screenshot shown. Please compose this email and send it.
Note: If you check the Text only option in the Insert as section, the selected Outlook item will be inserted into the message body as below screenshot shown:
We can quickly add one or multiple emails as attachments in a new email with the Forward as Attachment feature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder whose emails you will attach as attachments, and then select emails in the mail list.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. Click Home > More > Forward as Attachment.
3. Now all selected emails are inserted as attachments into a new email, please compose this email and send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.