How to export a single email individually in Outlook?
In general, you can export all emails from a mail folder with the Import and Export feature in Outlook. But, this way will be quite time-consuming to export a single email individually. Here, this article will introduce several easy tricks on exporting one email quickly.
- Export a single email individually as msg file with copying
- Export a single email individually as txt/html/htm file with Save As feature
- Export a single email individually as pdf file with Print feature
You can easily export a single email as a MSG file with copying and pasting in Outlook.
1. In Outlook, select the email you will export, and press Ctrl + C keys together to copy it.
2. Open the folder you will export the email to, and press Ctrl + V keys together to paste it.
So far, the specified email has been exported as a MSG file into the certain folder.
The Save As feature can help you easily export a single email individually as a txt/html/mht file in Outlook.
1. Select the specified email you will export individually, and click File > Save As.
2. In the opening Save As dialog box, please open the destination folder you will export the email to, and select a type of files from the Save as Type drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: The exported file will be named with the subject of selected email automatically. If you need to change the name, please type the new name in the File name box as you need.
3. Click the Save button.
And now the specified email has been exported as msg/txt/html/mht file as you specified.
If your Outlook supports the Microsoft Print to PDF feature, you can easily export a single email as pdf file as follows:
1. Select the email you will export, and click File > Print.
2. Go ahead to select the Memo Style option in the Settings section, specify the printer as Microsoft Print to PDF in the Printer section, and click the Print button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Save Print Output As dialog box, please open the destination folder you will export the email to, type a name for the new PDF file in the File name box, and click the Save button. See screenshot:
So far, the specified email has been exported and saved individually as a PDF file already.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.