How to hide appointments in a shared calendar in Outlook?
Let’s say you have shared your Outlook calendar with the Calendar Permission feature before. But now you want to hide detailed appointments and allow others to view only free and busy information, how could you deal with it? And what about only hiding a part of appointments in your shared calendar? Below solutions will ease your work.
If you want to hide only one appointment in your shared calendar in Outlook, you can set the appointment as private.
In Calendar view, right click the specified appointment you will hide in the shared calendar, and then select Private from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now other Exchange users whom you allow to view your shared calendar will only get a private appointment, and can’t view this appointment’s subject, notes, or other detailed information. See screenshot:
If you want to hide all appointments, and only show the busy and free information in your shared calendar, you need to configure the shared calendar’s permission.
1. In the Calendar view, select the calendar you share with other Exchange users, and click Folder > Calendar Permissions. See screenshot:
2. Under the Permissions tab of Calendar Properties dialog box, please select the specified Exchange user whom you need to prevent from viewing appointments in your shared calendar, and then select Free/Busy time from the Permission Level drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to save the change.
Now the specified Exchange user can only view the free and busy information, but not the detailed appointments in your shared calendar. See screenshot:
If you are going to share your Outlook calendar via email with all appointments hidden, you can do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, right click the calendar you will share via email, and select Share > Share Calendar from the context menu.
2. In the Sharing invitation window, please (1) add recipients you will share the calendar with, (2) select Availability only from the Details drop down list, and (3) click the Send button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button.
When recipients receive this invitation and open the shared calendar in their Outlook, they will view the free and busy information only instead of appointments.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!