- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHi
Please set the calendar permissions as Free/Busy time when sharing your calendar, or set the details as availability only when sent your calendar via Outlook emails.
How to hide appointments in a shared calendar in Outlook?
Let’s say you have shared your Outlook calendar with the Calendar Permission feature before. But now you want to hide detailed appointments and allow others to view only free and busy information, how could you deal with it? And what about only hiding a part of appointments in your shared calendar? Below solutions will ease your work.
If you want to hide only one appointment in your shared calendar in Outlook, you can set the appointment as private.
In Calendar view, right click the specified appointment you will hide in the shared calendar, and then select Private from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now other Exchange users whom you allow to view your shared calendar will only get a private appointment, and can’t view this appointment’s subject, notes, or other detailed information. See screenshot:
If you want to hide all appointments, and only show the busy and free information in your shared calendar, you need to configure the shared calendar’s permission.
1. In the Calendar view, select the calendar you share with other Exchange users, and click Folder > Calendar Permissions. See screenshot:
2. Under the Permissions tab of Calendar Properties dialog box, please select the specified Exchange user whom you need to prevent from viewing appointments in your shared calendar, and then select Free/Busy time from the Permission Level drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to save the change.
Now the specified Exchange user can only view the free and busy information, but not the detailed appointments in your shared calendar. See screenshot:
If you are going to share your Outlook calendar via email with all appointments hidden, you can do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, right click the calendar you will share via email, and select Share > Share Calendar from the context menu.
2. In the Sharing invitation window, please (1) add recipients you will share the calendar with, (2) select Availability only from the Details drop down list, and (3) click the Send button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button.
When recipients receive this invitation and open the shared calendar in their Outlook, they will view the free and busy information only instead of appointments.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoWe did place the private tag but we can see the meeting still with every details. Why?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThe private button is no longer a color, but grey. It does not let me select a private meeting. Any suggestions?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMy husband and I share calendars (I need to know which days he’s playing golf, and he needs to know which days I’m committed to volunteer activities). However I use my calendar for reminders too (I put them in as events on certain dats). However my husband doesn’t need to see these and they make his calendar too busy. How can I hide my reminder events from showing in my husband’s calendar? We can’t work out how to do this. Thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohi, I want to only share birthdays on my calender with the people in my office and not my entire calender?
How do I do that?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIs there a way to hide appointments listed as "free" as well so that only "busy" appointments show up?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Karen,
You can get this by Filter.
Open the specified calendar, click View > View Settings > Filter > Advanced, and set the filter criteria as
Show Time As not equal to Free