How to remove password from a protected PST file in Outlook?
For example you have added password for a PST file of an email account before, or you opened a protected PST file in Outlook, how could you remove password from the PST file? This article will ease your work.
To remove password from a protected PST file in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. On the Navigation Pane, right click the specified PST file (or email account), and select Data File Properties from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Properties dialog, please click the Advanced button on the General tab.
3. In the popping out Outlook Data File dialog, please click the Change Password button.
4. Now in the Change Password dialog, please type the original password in the Old password box, type nothing in both New password and Verify password boxes, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK buttons successively to close the Outlook Data File dialog and Properties dialog.
So far, you have remove the password from the specified PST file already.
Notes: You can also remove password from a protected PST file in the Account Settings dialog. See below screenshot:
(1) Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings to open the Account Settings dialog;
(2) In the Account Settings dialog, under Data Files tab, select the PST file you will remove password from, and click Settings;
(3) In the Outlook Data File dialog, click Change Password button;
(4) In the Change Password dialog, enter original password in the Old password box, do not specify new password, and click OK buttons and Close button to close all dialogs.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.