How to view sender’s email address without opening the email in Outlook?
For some received emails, the sender’s name displaying in the mailing list instead of the email address. If you want to view the sender’s email address, you need to open the email or open the Reading Pane for checking. Here we are providing two methods for you to quickly view sender’s email address in the Internet Header information without opening it in Outlook.
In Outlook, you can view sender’s email address in the Internet Header information in Outlook.
1. Click Customize Quick Access Toolbar > More Commands. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Outlook Options window, you need to:
2.1) Select All Commands from the Choose commands from drop-down list;
2.2) Select Message Options in the Commands box;
2.3) Click the Add button;
2.4) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then the Message Options button is added on the Quick Access Toolbar.
4. If you want to view the sender’s email address of a received email, please select the email, and then click the Message Options button, the email address is displayed in the From field on the Internet headers box. See screenshot:
Here with the Message Header Analyzer utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can easily view sender’s email address of a received email without opening it.
1. Please select the email you will view its sender’s email address, click Kutools Plus > Message Header Analyzer. See screenshot:
2. Then you can see the sender’s email address in the Message Header Analyzer window as below screenshot shown.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Kutools for Outlook includes 20+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook. Free to try with no limitation in 45 days. Download the free trial now!
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365