How to collapse or expand all color categories by default in Outlook?
Suppose that you have assigned color categories to the email messages in Outlook, and have grouped all your messages based on different categories. However, each time you expanded or collapsed the folder in Outlook, and then exist and go back to the folder, you may find that the category groups back to the original view. In this tutorial, we will talk about the method to keep Outlook collapse or expand the color categories. Please read on to find out how.
Collapse or expand all color categories by default in Outlook
1. In your Outlook, select the folder that you always want it to collapse or expand. Then go to View > View Settings.
2. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click on Group By.
3. In the pop-up Group By dialog, click on the drop-down arrow under Expand/collapse defaults, and then choose the default setting you prefer:
- All expanded, the folder you selected will always expand by default;
- All collapse, the folder you selected will always collapse by default;
- At last viewed, the folder you selected will keep expanding or collapsing depending on how you viewed it last time.
4. Click on the OK buttons to close the dialogs and save the setting.
Note: The method will apply the expand/collapse default setting to the selected folder only. To change the default setting of other folders, please repeat the above steps.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.