How to round / round up / round down a range of cell numbers in Excel?
In Excel，sometimes we need to do some rounding for calculation purpose. Normally, we can apply the Round, Round Up or Round Down function to do the rounding as you need. But, not all of us can use them successfully. Is there an easy way to help us quickly and conveniently round, round up or round down a range of numbers in Excel?
Before applying the functions, first let’s understand the formulas and what they do. Look at this:
|Rounds a number to specified decimal points.
|Always rounds the last digit up to the next value.
|Always rounds the last digit downward.
And the function syntax as follows:
In the above functions, the number argument is the value that you want to round off, and num_digits is the number of digits to which you want the number rounded.
I will take Round function for example, you can apply the functions as followings steps:
1. In a blank cell enter the formula =round(A1, 2). See screenshot:
2. Press Enter key. And select the cell C1, then drag the fill handle over to the range that you need. All of the numbers have been rounded by 2 decimal points. See screenshot:
1. As they are formulas, you must copy and paste them as values.
2. You can do as this for the RoundUp or RoundDown function as well.
With the tool Round without Formula of Kutools for excel, you can quickly do the round, roundup, round down or round to even function as you need.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to round.
2. Click Kutools > Round, see screenshot:
3. In the Round without Formula dialog box, enter the number of decimal place that you want to round, then select the type of rounding as you need. You can see the results in the Preview Pane. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK or Apply. The selected numbers have been rounded as your need in the original range. See screenshots:
Click Round without Formula utility to help you to know more about this feature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!