How to round / round up / round down a range of cell numbers in Excel?
In Excel，sometimes we need to do some rounding for calculation purpose. Normally, we can apply the Round, Round Up or Round Down function to do the rounding as you need. But, not all of us can use them successfully. Is there an easy way to help us quickly and conveniently round, round up or round down a range of numbers in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Before applying the functions, first let’s understand the formulas and what they do. Look at this:
|Round||Rounds a number to specified decimal points.|
|Round Up||Always rounds the last digit up to the next value.|
|Round Down||Always rounds the last digit downward.|
And the function syntax as follows:
In the above functions, the number argument is the value that you want to round off, and num_digits is the number of digits to which you want the number rounded.
I will take Round function for example, you can apply the functions as followings steps:
1. In a blank cell enter the formula =round(A1, 2). See screenshot:
2. Press Enter key. And select the cell C1, then drag the fill handle over to the range that you need. All of the numbers have been rounded by 2 decimal points. See screenshot:
1. As they are formulas, you must copy and paste them as values.
2. You can do as this for the RoundUp or RoundDown function as well.
With the tool Round without Formula of Kutools for excel, you can quickly do the round, roundup, round down or round to even function as you need.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to round.
2. Click Kutools > Round, see screenshot:
3. In the Round without Formula dialog box, enter the number of decimal place that you want to round, then select the type of rounding as you need. You can see the results in the Preview Pane. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK or Apply. The selected numbers have been rounded as your need in the original range. See screenshots:
Click Round without Formula utility to help you to know more about this feature.