How to round / round up / round down a range of cell numbers in Excel?
In Excel，sometimes we need to do some rounding for calculation purpose. Normally, we can apply the Round, Round Up or Round Down function to do the rounding as you need. But, not all of us can use them successfully. Is there an easy way to help us quickly and conveniently round, round up or round down a range of numbers in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Before applying the functions, first let’s understand the formulas and what they do. Look at this:
|Round||Rounds a number to specified decimal points.|
|Round Up||Always rounds the last digit up to the next value.|
|Round Down||Always rounds the last digit downward.|
And the function syntax as follows:
In the above functions, the number argument is the value that you want to round off, and num_digits is the number of digits to which you want the number rounded.
I will take Round function for example, you can apply the functions as followings steps:
1. In a blank cell enter the formula =round(A1, 2). See screenshot:
2. Press Enter key. And select the cell C1, then drag the fill handle over to the range that you need. All of the numbers have been rounded by 2 decimal points. See screenshot:
1. As they are formulas, you must copy and paste them as values.
2. You can do as this for the RoundUp or RoundDown function as well.
With the tool Round without Formula of Kutools for excel, you can quickly do the round, roundup, round down or round to even function as you need.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to round.
2. Click Kutools > Round, see screenshot:
3. In the Round without Formula dialog box, enter the number of decimal place that you want to round, then select the type of rounding as you need. You can see the results in the Preview Pane. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK or Apply. The selected numbers have been rounded as your need in the original range. See screenshots:
Click Round without Formula utility to help you to know more about this feature.