How to select all formula cells in a worksheet?
If there are multiple types of cells including formulas, text, number and so on in your worksheet, and you just want to select only formula cells in your worksheet or a selection, how can you solve it in Excel? Now I introduce some quick ways which can do a favor for you.
In Excel, you can use Go To function to quickly select formula cells only from a worksheet or selection.
1. Press Ctrl + G together to open Go To dialog, and then click Special button. See screenshot:
2. Check Formulas option, then click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
Now all the formula cells are selected in the worksheet.
1. If you just want to select formula cells in a selection, select a selection before you apply Go To function.
2. You can specify the options in step 2 to select formulas type, such as only error formula.
There is a VBA code also can highlight all formula cells in a range of the whole worksheet.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications window.
2. Click Module > Insert to insert a Module window, and copy the below VBA into the window.
VBA: Highlight all formula cells.
Sub SelectFormulaCells() 'Updateby20140827 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Set WorkRng = WorkRng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Click Run button, a KutoolsforExcel dialog pops out for you to select a range. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And all formula cells are highlighted.
Tip: In the above VBA code, you can change the number to adjust the highlight color you want in Rng.Interior.ColorIndex = 36.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!