How to hide all error values in Excel?
When you work on Excel worksheet, sometimes, you may find there are some errors values, such as #DIV/0, #REF, #N/A and so on, they are caused by the formulas error. Now, you would like to hide all these error values in the worksheet, how could you solve this task quickly and easily in Excel?
The Conditional Formatting function in Excel may help you to hide the error values, now please step by step as follows:
1． Select the data range that you want to hide the formula errors.
2． Click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please select Use a formula to determine which cells to format under the Select a Rule Type section, and then enter this formula: =ISERROR(A1) into the Format values where this formula is true text box, (A1 is the first cell within your selected range, you can change it to your need) see screenshot:
4. Then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog box, and then choose a white color for the cell font under the Font tab, see screenshot:
Tips: You need to select a font color as the same as your background color, if your background color is red, you need to choose a red font color.
5. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, all the error values have been hidden at once. See screenshots:
With Kutools for Excel’s Select Cellswith Error Value feature, you can select the error values with one click and then format the font to white color, please do as follows:
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Select the data range that you want to hide the error values.
2. Click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Error Value, see screenshot:
3. And all the formula errors have been selected immediately, see screenshot:
4. Then go to the Home tab, and choose the white color which is as the same as the cells’ background color as follows, and all the error values have been hidden quickly.
After hiding the error values, you will find the error green flags at the corners of the cells still be there, to hide these error indicators, please click File > Options to go to the Excel Options dialog, in the Excel Options dialog, click Formulas from the left pane, and choose a white color at the Indicate errors using this color section, and all the error indicators have been hidden as well. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...