How to repeat a sequence of numbers in Excel?
Repeat a series of numbers in a column with formula
Repeat a series of numbers in a column or multiple columns with Kutools for Excel
Find Missing Sequence Number
|Kutools for Excel's Find Missing Sequence Number utility can quickly find and fill the missing sequence number/date in a given sequnce list.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Select a cell to type the beginning number of the sequence into it. See screenshot:
2. In next below cell, type this formula =IF(A1=4,1,A1+1), and press Enter key, then drag autofill handle down to the cells as you need. See screenshots:
1. In above formula =IF(A1=4,1,A1+1), 4 indicates the ending number of the sequence, 1 indicates the beginning number of sequence, and A1 is the first cell that you will insert repeated sequence at.
2. If you want to insert a repeated sequence of number beginning with number 1, you can use this formula =MOD(A1,4)+1, too.
If you want to repeat a series of number in a range, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Insert Sequence Number utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300+ handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a column range of multiple columns range, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Sequence Number. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, click New to expand the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Insert Sequence Number dialog, do as below:
(1) Name the sequence;
(2) Specify the Start number of the sequence;
(3) Specify the Increment of the sequence;
(4) Specify the digits of the sequence, if you need, 1, 2 …, just type 1 into the No. of digits text box, if you need 01, 02…, type 2 into it;
(5) Check End number, and type the ending number of series into below textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click Add, and then click Fill Range button, the repeated series of numbers are inserted.