How to repeat a sequence of numbers in Excel?
Repeat a series of numbers in a column with formula
Repeat a series of numbers in a column or multiple columns with Kutools for Excel
Find Missing Sequence Number
|Kutools for Excel's Find Missing Sequence Number utility can quickly find and fill the missing sequence number/date in a given sequnce list.|
1. Select a cell to type the beginning number of the sequence into it. See screenshot:
2. In next below cell, type this formula =IF(A1=4,1,A1+1), and press Enter key, then drag autofill handle down to the cells as you need. See screenshots:
1. In above formula =IF(A1=4,1,A1+1), 4 indicates the ending number of the sequence, 1 indicates the beginning number of sequence, and A1 is the first cell that you will insert repeated sequence at.
2. If you want to insert a repeated sequence of number beginning with number 1, you can use this formula =MOD(A1,4)+1, too.
If you want to repeat a series of number in a range, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Insert Sequence Number utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300+ handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a column range of multiple columns range, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Sequence Number. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, click New to expand the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Insert Sequence Number dialog, do as below:
(1) Name the sequence;
(2) Specify the Start number of the sequence;
(3) Specify the Increment of the sequence;
(4) Specify the digits of the sequence, if you need, 1, 2 …, just type 1 into the No. of digits text box, if you need 01, 02…, type 2 into it;
(5) Check End number, and type the ending number of series into below textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click Add, and then click Fill Range button, the repeated series of numbers are inserted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!