How to repeat a sequence of numbers in Excel?
Repeat a series of numbers in a column with formula
Repeat a series of numbers in a column or multiple columns with Kutools for Excel
Find Missing Sequence Number
|Kutools for Excel's Find Missing Sequence Number utility can quickly find and fill the missing sequence number/date in a given sequnce list.|
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
1. Select a cell to type the beginning number of the sequence into it. See screenshot:
2. In next below cell, type this formula =IF(A1=4,1,A1+1), and press Enter key, then drag autofill handle down to the cells as you need. See screenshots:
1. In above formula =IF(A1=4,1,A1+1), 4 indicates the ending number of the sequence, 1 indicates the beginning number of sequence, and A1 is the first cell that you will insert repeated sequence at.
2. If you want to insert a repeated sequence of number beginning with number 1, you can use this formula =MOD(A1,4)+1, too.
If you want to repeat a series of number in a range, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Insert Sequence Number utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a column range of multiple columns range, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Sequence Number. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, click New to expand the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Insert Sequence Number dialog, do as below:
(1) Name the sequence;
(2) Specify the Start number of the sequence;
(3) Specify the Increment of the sequence;
(4) Specify the digits of the sequence, if you need, 1, 2 …, just type 1 into the No. of digits text box, if you need 01, 02…, type 2 into it;
(5) Check End number, and type the ending number of series into below textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click Add, and then click Fill Range button, the repeated series of numbers are inserted.