How to add periods to the end of cell contents in Excel?
Have you ever confused with adding periods to the end of cell contents in Excel? This tutorial can help you quickly handle with this confusion.
Add Text (add character/word to a specific location of each cell in a range.)
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
In Excel, you can use a simple formula to add periods to end of cell.
Select a blank cell next to your data which you need to add period, and type this formula =A1&"." Into it, and press Enter key, then drag autofill handle down to apply this formula to cells. See screenshots:
If you want to add the periods to begin or end of cells in the original location, you can use Kutools for Excel.
Have Kutools for Excel installed in computer, you can use the Add Text utility to add any text to any position of cells.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data you want to add periods, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog, type period sign . into Text box, and check After last character option, now you can preview the result in right pane of the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, and the periods are added into the end of every cell.
1. If you want to add other sign or text in the front of the cell contents, type the text into the box and check Before first character option.
2. If you want to add text in several positions of the cells, you can type the text into Text box, and check Specify, and enter the positions separated by comma into the Specify textbox. See screenshot:
3. This utility can’t add period sign to cells which only contain one character of number, such as 1, 2, etc.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|