In Excel, you can use a simple formula to add periods to end of cell.
Select a blank cell next to your data which you need to add period, and type this formula =A1&"." Into it, and press Enter key, then drag autofill handle down to apply this formula to cells. See screenshots:
If you want to add the periods to begin or end of cells in the original location, you can use Kutools for Excel.
Add periods to begin or end of cells with Kutools for Excel
Have Kutools for Excel installed in computer, you can use the Add Text utility to add any text to any position of cells.
1. Select the data you want to add periods, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog, type period sign . into Text box, and check After last character option, now you can preview the result in right pane of the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, and the periods are added into the end of every cell.
1. If you want to add other sign or text in the front of the cell contents, type the text into the box and check Before first character option.
2. If you want to add text in several positions of the cells, you can type the text into Text box, and check Specify, and enter the positions separated by comma into the Specify textbox. See screenshot:
3. This utility can’t add period sign to cells which only contain one character of number, such as 1, 2, etc.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.