How to save custom sort criteria/order in Excel?
Normally we can save filter criteria by Custom Views feature in Excel, but the Custom Views feature can’t reserve custom sort criteria/order. This article will introduce you the method to save custom sort criteria or sort order in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will guide you to save the list you have sorted by custom criteria as a custom list, and then apply the custom criteria to other data easily. Please do as follows:
1. After sorting a list, please click File > Options (or Office button > Excel Options) to open the Excel Options dialog box.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click the Advanced in the left pane, and then click the Edit Custom Lists button in the General section. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2007’s Excel Options dialog box, please click the Popular in the left bar, and then click the Edit Custom Lists button in the Top options for working with Excel section. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Custom Lists dialog box, go to Import list from cells box and click the Browse button to select the list you have sorted by custom criteria, and then click the Import button and the OK button successively. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button in the Excel Options dialog box.
So far the custom sort criteria/order has been saved as a custom list in the Microsoft Excel program. To apply this custom sort criteria to other lists, please go ahead below steps.
5. Select the list you will sort by the saved custom sort criteria, and click Data > Sort. See screenshot:
6. In the opening Sort dialog box, specify the list you will sort from the Column drop down list, keep Values selected from the Sort On drop down list, and select Custom List from the Order drop down list. See screenshot:
7. In the opening Custom Lists dialog box, select the custom sort criteria you saved just now in the Custom lists box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
8. Click the OK button in the Sort dialog box.
Now you will see the selected list is sorted by the saved custom sort criteria as below screenshot shown:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoNot what I'm looking for. I sort by columns B then D then L then N. I want to save this sort so I don't have to choose B,D,L,N over and over.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoReally thanks alot may god bless you.