How to copy and paste merged cells to single cells in Excel?
Normally, when you copy the merged cells and paste them into other cells, the merged cells will be pasted directly. But, you want to paste theses merged cells to single cells as following screenshot shown, so that you can deal with the data as you need. This article, I will talk about how to copy and paste merged cells to single cells.
With the Paste option in Excel, you can quickly copy and paste the merged data into single cells, please do as follows:
1. Select and press Ctrl +C to copy the merged cells that you want to paste to other single cells.
2. Then press Ctrl + V to paste the merged cells into a cell, and click the small icon at the right bottom of the pasted range to select the third icon Formulas & Number Formatting, see screenshot:
3. And the pasted merged cells have been unmerged into single cells, see screenshot:
Excel doesn’t support copy multiple ranges at once, but, with Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges feature, you can copy multiple selected merged cells into single cells immediately.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Hold the Ctrl key to select multiple merged cells that you want to copy.
2. Then click Kutools > Copy Ranges, see screenshot:
3. In the Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, select Formulas and number formats under the Paste special, both check the Including row height or Including column width if you want to keep the row height and column width of the original cells, see screenshot:
4. And then click Ok button, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you selecting a cell to put the result, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK, and the selected merged cells have been pasted into single cells as you need.