Easily count occurrences of duplicates in a column and then delete duplicate rows based on this column in Excel
Kutools for Excel’s Advanced Combine Rows utility can help Excel users to batch count the occurrences of each items in a column (the Fruit Column in our case), and then delete the duplicate rows based on this column (the Fruit Column) easily as below screenshot shown. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Office Tab Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier...
Count if numbers falls within a given range with Frequency function
This section will introduce the FREQUENCY function to quickly count all numbers if they fall within a given number range.
For example I have a list of numbers in Column A as the left screenshot shown.
1. Please list your given ranges you will count numbers within besides the list of numbers, for example Column B.
In our case we type 25, 50, 75, and 100 into Range B2:B5. That’s mean we will count numbers between 0 and 25, count numbers between 25 and 50, etc. See right screenshot:
2. In another column, says Column C, select the same number of cells as those in Column B (here I select cell C2:C5 at the same time), type the formula =FREQUENCY(A2:A24,B2:B5), and press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously. And then you will get the total amount of numbers between the specified ranges. See right screenshot:
Note: In above formula, A2:A24 is the list of numbers you will count, B2:B25 is the column with the specified ranges you will count numbers within.
Count if numbers fall within a given range with Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can count numbers if they are falling within a given range without applying formulas in Excel.
1. Select the list of numbers you will count, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Select Specific Cells dialog box, please (see the second screenshot above):
(1) Check the Cell option in the Selection type section;
(2) In the Specific type section, select the Greater than or equal to from the first drop down list, and type a minimum value of the given range into following box; select the Less than or equal to from the second drop down list and type the maximum value of the given range into the following box, and then check the And option. See below screenshot:
(3) Click the Ok button.
3. All numbers falling within the given range are selected. And at the same time a dialog box pops up and shows how many cells have been selected. See screenshot.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.