How to convert Excel sheet or cells to html table?
Supposing you have a range of cells, and you want to convert the range of cells to an html table as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly handle it? In this article, I introduce some tricks to help you easily convert a sheet or a range of cells to html table in Excel.
In Excel, you can use Save As command to quickly convert a range of cells or the whole workbook to html table.
1. Select the cells you want to convert, and click File > Save As > Browse to show the Save As window. See screenshot:
2. In the Save As window, specify a folder you are going to place the html table, type the file name you use, and then select Web Page from Save as type drop down list. Then you can choose to save the workbook or only selection to the html table by checking Entire Workbook or Selection option. See screenshot:
3. Click Save, a Publish as Web Page dialog pops out, and you can click Change to specify the title, if you want to auto update and republish the html table every time, check AutoRepublish every time this workbook is saved, and if you want to auto open this web page after saving, check Open published web page in browser. See screenshot:
4. Click Publish to finish the saving.
Convert cells to html table with formulas
If you want to convert cells to html table format and copy it to an html editor as below screenshot shown, you can do as below steps:
1. Enter these texts to a range of cells as below screenshot shown:
2. Then go to next cell, here is H1, and enter this formula =D1&E1&A1&F1&E1&B1&F1&E1&C1&F1&G1, press Enter, and then drag down the formula to the cell you need.
3. Then copy these formula cells and pasted them as value in another location. Select formula cells and press Ctrl + C and select a blank cell, J1 and right click to select Paste as Value option in the context menu. See screenshot:
4. Then you can copy the cell range to the html editor, and enter table tbody and /tbody /table separately into the beginning and the end of the string range. See screenshot:
Now the Excel cells have been converted to an html table.
Convert cells to html table with Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel tool, you can apply its Export Range to File utility to quickly convert Excel cells to html table/ pdf table/Unicode text table and so on as you need.
1. Select the cell range you want to use, and click Enterprise > Import/Export > Export Range to File. See screenshot:
2. In the Export Range to File dialog, check Simple HTML or Complex HTML (all formatting) option as you need, and then specify an exporting destination you want. See screenshot:
Simple HTML: The selected range is exported with grid lines, and the following options can be reserved in the exported file: background color, font name, font size, font color, bold italic, column widths and horizontal alignment.
Complex HTML: All formats of the selected range will be kept in the final file.
3. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to remind you to name the exported file, in default it was named with the cell ranges, change it as you need.
4. Click Ok, and the range has been converted to html table.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.