How to extend selection to the end of column or entire row in Excel?
When working with a long column or row, you may need to select the whole column or row with data for some purpose. In this article, we will show you how to extend the selection to the end of column or row after selecting the first cell.
Extend selection to the end of column of row with shortcut key
The following shortcut keys help you extending selection to end of column or row in Excel.
1. Select the first or any cell of the column or row, and then press the keys simultaneously. Then you can see the selection is extended to the end of current column as below screenshot shown.
2. For extending the selection to the entire row, please select the first or any cell of the row, then press keys simultaneously.
Then you can see the selection is extended to the entire row with data as below screenshot show.
1. If the first selected cell is empty, it will extend the selection to the first non-empty cell below the selected cell as following screenshot shown:
2. If there are blank cells exist in the column, the selection will stop at the first blank cell after using the shortcut key as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!