How to count number of continuous blank cells in Excel?
If there are some continuous blank cells between data, and how can you count the number of the continuous blank cells as below screenshot shown as quickly as possible? In this article, I introduce a formula to help you easily and quickly handle it in Excel.Count the number of continuous blank cells with formula
Count the number of continuous blank cells with formula
To count continuous blank cells, you can apply below formula.
Select a blank cell next to the second nonblank cell in the list that you want to count, for instance, B5, and enter this formula
then press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get the correct result, and then drag auto fill handle over the cells you want to apply this formula. See screenshot:
Tip: in this formula, A5 includes the second non-blank cell in the used list, and A1:A4 is the cells above the second non-blank cell, you can change them as you need.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
- More than
300 powerful advanced features, designed for
1500 work scenarios, increasing productivity by
70%, give you more time to take care of family and enjoy life.
- No longer need memorizing formulas and VBA codes, give your brain a rest from now on.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes, Complicated and repeated operations can be done in seconds,
- Reduce thousands of keyboard & mouse operations every day, say goodbye to occupational diseases now.
- 110,000 highly effective people and 300+ world-renowned companies' choice.
- 60-day full features free trial. 60-day money back guarantees. 2 years of free upgrade and support.
- Office Tab is designed for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Other Office Applications: Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!