How to delete specific sheet if exists in workbook?
How could you delete a specific worksheet if it exists within a workbook? Normally, you need to find and check it if exists, and then delete it manually. Here, I will talk about an easy way to delete the specified worksheet directly if it exists in the Excel file.
The following VBA code can help you to delete the specified worksheet if it exists in the workbook, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete a specific worksheet if exists in workbook
Sub Test() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim sheetName As String sheetName = Application.InputBox("Input Sheet Name:", "Kutools for Excel", _ "sheet1", , , , , 2) Application.DisplayAlerts = False Err.Clear On Error Resume Next Set xWs = Sheets(sheetName) If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "The'" & sheetName & "'" & "does not exist!", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub Else xWs.Delete MsgBox "The'" & sheetName & "'" & "has been deleted!", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End If Application.DisplayAlerts = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, a prompt box is displayed to remind you type the sheet name that you want to check if exist, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button:
(1.) If the sheet exists, it will be delete at once, see screenshot:
(2.) If the sheet does not exist, a prompt box will pop out to remind you as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!