How to filter data exclude bottom total row in Excel?
If there is a total row at the end of your data, when you filter the data, normally the end total row will be filtered as well, but, sometimes, you need to keep the total row when you apply the filter function as following screenshot shown. How could you exclude the bottom total row from filter in a worksheet?
Filter data exclude bottom total row by creating a table
The table in Excel may help you to solve this problem, please do as this:
1. Delete the existing total row you have calculated, and then select the data range.
2. Then click Insert > Table, in the popped out Create Table dialog box, check My table has headers if the data range has headers, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK button, a table has been created at once, then select the table, under the Design tab, check Total Row in the Table Style Options group, and a total row has been inserted at the end of the table, see screenshot:
4. And now, when you filter this table, the bottom total row will be kept as usual, see screenshot:
Filter data exclude bottom total row by inserting a formula
If you wouldn’t like to create a table, the SUBTOTAL also can do you a favor, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B13) into the bottom row, see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key to get the total value, and now, if you filter this data, the total row will be excluded and kept at the end of the data.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.